|Type:||Improved Drinking Water|
|Implementation Start Date:||January 2, 2014|
|Production Date:||June 11, 2014|
|Closure Date:||January 31, 2015|
|If closed, why:||completed|
No additional information available.
a3394 to SMS messages to direct them to this project output.
Status of the Mahandulwadi drinking water project as on 19 Nov. 2014:
The following activities have been completed so far :
• Excavation of the drinking water well (diameter 20 ft.) is done and the total depth from the ground level is 35 ft. At present the water table in the well is 25 ft.
• The construction of the drinking water well is done in cement concrete with steel re-enforcement of 13 ft. height.
• Excavation and refilling of the trench of the main underground pipeline has been done
• The work of rising main pipeline is completed and the pipeline of 1020 ft. from drinking water well to the water storage tank, including installation of air valves (one main valve and one non return valve) is done.
•Completed the installation of electric pump of 5 HP with necessary accessories.
•Conducted one training program on safe drinking water.
Status and Learnings:
1.Mahandulwadi is a part of the main village called Mandavgaon comprising of 6-7 small such villages/hamlets. The piped water scheme has been (promoted) completed under the government scheme to supply drinking water to the main village
as well as to other sub-villages/hamlets.
Due to lack of permanent source of water, the other villages do not receive the water in summer months. One of the learnings is that instead of centralized water source, there should be a decentralized or separate water source in each village to fulfill the need of the village.
2. The well site location is identified in one of a farmers owned field. This was checked by the hydro-geologist for water investigation. The geologist has suggested to drill two horizontal bores at the bottom of the well in order to tap the stream water.
3. The land of the well is approximately 3,000 sq. feet has been purchased from the individual farmer by the village community. The legal compliances has been made in order to avoid legal conflicts in the village.
4. There is a very good response and cooperation from the local governance council (which is called Gram Panchyat i.e. village council) and village community.
5. All the major decisions are taken in the General Body meeting of the village. Since the project is being implemented by the Water Committee there is transparency in all financial matters. The material is purchased after collecting quotations from different dealers and the reasonable quote without compromising on quality is selected for purchase of materials.
Future Action Plans of Mahandulawadi :
1. Construction of the well in cement concrete, diameter 20ft from inside and of 12 ft. height -by 1st week of July
2. Excavation of trench for underground pipeline of 800 ft length and laying of raising main pipeline and refilling of pipeline with soil -by 1st week of July
3.Excavation and deepening of the well by 10ft. deep in hard rock -end of July 2014
4. Installation of electric Pump and accessories - end August 2014
5. Excavation of remaining pipeline and laying of pipes, installation of valves with complete fitting - end August 2014
6. Repairs of existing water storage tank, distribution pipeline, construction of stand posts, chambers etc. - till September 2014
7. Completion of the project - end October 2014
- BPR has sanctioned $ 8688 for the implementation of the Mahandulwadi drinking water project. The first installment of $ 4467(Rs. 2,66,446.000) has been released to WOTR on 02.05.2014
- After receipt of funds from BPR, a ‘Letter of Offer’ along with the detailed sanctioned budget was issued to the Drinking Water Committee.
- A separate Drinking Water Committee has been formed by the village community named 'Nav Jyot water supply Committee'. It involves 11 members including 6 women members.
- The Committee has opened a bank account in the Central Bank of India. The Committee has collected Rs. 75,000 towards local contribution in cash and has deposited it to their bank account.
- WOTR has released the first installment of Rs. 2, 00,000 to the Water Committee's bank account on 12.06.2014.
-The Water Committee has purchased the land ad-measuring of 2 R (2178 sq.feet) in favor of the Local Governance Body i.e. Gram Panchayat. The purchased deed has been registered with the Land Record department officially.
-The excavation of the drinking water well has been initiated. The diameter of the well is 20ft. and so far the excavation has been completed up to 30 ft. deep in the hard rock.
- Since the rainy season has begun, therefore there is urgent need to construct the well immediately so as to prevent the well sides from collapsing in the well and thus preventing re-rolling of the excavated material and debris in the well. Therefore, the side excavation of 3 ft length of 10 ft. height has been completed till the hard rock foundation.
-Similarly there is also an urgent need to complete the work of the underground raising main pipeline of approx.800 ft. which passes through fields. As once the sowing of the crop is done, then the farmers will not allow excavating the trench into the standing crop.
-The excavation and refilling of the underground pipeline has been completed of 1020 ft. in length including installation of two air valves and non-return valves.
-Three monitoring visits are conducted from Ahmednagar office. The first monitoring visit was conducted on 24.04.2014, second on 21.06.2014 and third on 29.06.2014
- The future action plan has been prepared in the committee’s meeting at the time of second monitoring visit.
Metrics & Charts
No current metrics available. Why don't you record a new data point?
Metric definitions are the means by which an implementer captures metrics on this output. Once an output is implemented, implementers can begin collecting metrics using the associated SMS code or the web update interface. Note that values to send via SMS are indicated in
These reminders are calculated based on the implementation start date of the current output and the frequency defined for each metric definition.
The following table contains all documents and images related to this project output.